Friday, February 12, 2010

Memory game wall art has begun!

I'm sorry it has been so long since I added to this blog. While I was snowed in this week, I started working on a new project that I hope will turn out great. My love for Charley Harper's work inspired me to create a piece of art from his memory game.


Step one: Lay out the game pieces and cut cardboard to fit. I left extra cardboard surrounding the pieces. I'm not sure what size of frame I will find to work with this piece.

Step two: Glue the memory game pieces onto the cardboard backing.

Step three: Lay heavy books on top of the now-glued board to prevent the curling of the cardboard.


Now I just need to find a frame. I'm hoping for a heavy wood frame that I can make look shabby chic with some white paint streaks. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment